Previous "Racing for a Cause" Recipient Organizations
2010 & 2011 - Double “B” Boys Ranch
2009 - Teen Challenge Memphis
2008 - Church Health Center
What has "Thunder Cares" done over the years:
- MTR volunteered to staff mile 17 of the Memphis Marathon for its second year on December 1st, 2012. See photos here.
- MTR collected $500 in 2011, and raised $1300+ for the Double "B" Boys Ranch through the 2010 Racing for a Cause program.
- On President's Day, the musical kids of several Thunder members performed a recital at the Page Robbins Adult Day Care Center. Read more about this event here.
- Thunder Cares collected shoes at the annual meeting in January and donated them to a charity organization out of Nashville called Soles4Soles. These shoes are going to Haiti to help those who have been impacted by the earthquake.
- Thunder Cares raises over $2200 through the 2009 "Racing for a Cause" program for Teen Challenge Memphis! Read the full story here.
- Seven Memphis Thunder Racing members joined together to wallow through the mud and filth to put the trash along Reynolds Road in its rightful place. Read the full Story here.
- Memphis Thunder Racing held a field day with Memphis-area Special Olympic athletes on August 16, 2008. This event was a awesome event for all involved! Read the full story here.
- "Thunder Cares" was proud to present a check for over $5600 to the Church Health Center on Wednesday, July 16, 2008. These funds where raised by our team by "Racing for a Cause" at the Memphis in May Triahtlon. Read the full story here.
100% of funds raised through our "Racing for a Cause" program will be directly passed on to our charitable recipiant.
For more information, or if you would like to make a donation, pleae contact our Thunder Cares Chairman,
Tom Bramlage, at ThunderCares@memphisthunderracing.com. Thank you for you support!
Memphis Thunder Racing, Inc. has been recognized by the IRS as a non-profit public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code dedicated to helping kids and adults embrace and improve in the sports of swimming, cycling, running, duathlon, and triathlon. Charitable contributions made to Memphis Thunder Racing, Inc.
may be claimed as an itemized deduction on a donor's federal income tax return.